Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Holidays

The holidays... what a wonderful time of year. I am such a holiday person. I feel the most happiness and joy during Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. I have always been this way. I have never understood how people get "sad" around these times of year. However...this year... I am particularly somber. I now understand how the holidays can bring back memories of the past, and how they can remind us of things we wish we had. Although this is true, I also recognize that the holidays can make us realize what is important to us. We can look past the trivial, petty, and even the things and people who seem so highly important to us, and see what really should exist in our lives. We suddenly know that if it should all fall down, there are certain people who we want beside us... until the very end. I will spend this Thanksgiving with my mother, just the two of us. We will have an amazing time just laughing and reading books. I will have an amazing time visiting with my best friend, for this is something I cannot do often. Yes, there are others who are missing this holiday season, and it brings sadness with their absence. However, I will keep them in my heart, and I will know that their holiday will be just as great as mine is. I will cheer up, and have a great rest of the week. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment